April 2, 2014
Weight Loss Wednesdays
9:30pm ET Every Wednesday
Body Inflammation Effects Weight Loss
What is INFLAMMATION?
It’s YOUR FRIEND: Your body’s natural defense mechanism to repair tissue damage
– Your immune system kicks in with white blood cells rushing to the site of injury
It’s YOUR ENEMY: Persistent, low-grade inflammation, overwhelms the body’s immune system, begins to attack even healthy tissue
PLUS, it also causes…?
– Arthritis, Dementia, Some Cancers, Irritable Bowel, Premature Aging, AND the 4 noted above
– Wears out your immune system
Video About Inflammation & Its Effects on Total Body
How do you know when you have it?
– Ask your Physician for a “C-RP Test”
– If you have an elevated reading, you are AT RISK
– Children as young as 8 known to have High C-RP
What causes Inflammatiom?
– Persistent Stress, Poor gut health, Food allergies
– Diet high in simple carbohydrates, refined sugars
– Lack of exercise
– Excess alcohol
– Too many animal products
– Sugary drinks (including fruit juices), HFCS
– Excess body fat
How do you prevent or treat it? Lifestyle change.
– Green Tea, Plenty of pure water, Fermented foods
– Moderate Exercise most days, Sunshine Vitamin D
– MORE Omega-3 (DHA), LESS Omega-6
– High Fiber (soluble/insoluble) hi plant-based diet
– Foods for GUT health, Pre- & Pro-Biotics
– Check for food allergies, esp. gluten, dairy, soy
– Good sleep & Lower stress
Looking at that LIST… NOTICE anything?
– When you eat that way…
– When you change your lifestyle that way to LOWER your Inflammation…
…YOU WILL LOSE WEIGHT !
#1 Way to Prevent or Treat INFLAMMATION?
Fat Tissue CREATES ADDED Inflammation
Less Weight = LESS FAT = Less Inflammation
Control Your Inflammation. Control Your Weight.